Registration Services has responsibility for the following functions:
- Registration (or licensure) of new physicians who wish to practice medicine in Saskatchewan;
- Registration of new medical professional corporations;
- Registration of new medical students and residents in College of Medicine programs.
- Annual renewal of registration for physicians who are currently registered in Saskatchewan;
- Annual renewal of registration for medical professional corporations;
- Renewal of registration of medical residents as they progress through their postgraduate training;
- Renews temporary licences as required.
- Responsible to ensure that physicians are registered for and compliant with continuing profession learning programs.
- Monitoring compliance with registration requirements (examinations etc) of physicians who are currently registered to practice medicine in Saskatchewan.