GOVERNANCE POLICY: E-2 Public Protection
| POLICY TYPE:
| DATE APPROVED:
||April 16, 2010
The End “Public Protection” is the Council’s highest priority. It is interpreted to include, but is not limited to:
1. Quality health outcomes and care experiences
2. Competent physicians (“competent” includes knowledge, skills, attitudes, behaviors, and performance.).
2.1. Competent medical graduates.
2.2. Ongoing competency.
2.2.1. Demonstrate ongoing competency of practitioners over the age of 65.
2.3.Adherence to standard of care.
3. Protection of the public from unsafe medical practices.
4. Trust and confidence in the medical profession.
4.1. Public redress for complaints or problems with physicians.
5. Safe care environments.
6. Protection of the public from unethical physicians.