GOVERNANCE POLICY: E-6 Professionally Led Regulation
| POLICY TYPE:
| DATE APPROVED:
||April 16, 2010
The End “Professionally Led Regulation” is interpreted to include, but is not limited to:
1. Public participation in regulation processes.
2. Members understand and are committed to the process of professionally led regulation.
3. Physicians and public receive a fair and just hearing of concerns.
4. Trust and confidence in the College.
4.1. Confidence in the College’s fairness, timeliness and effectiveness.
4.2. Public confidence that there are high standards of medical practice.
4.3. Public and profession understand role of College.
4.4 Transparency in College regulatory and discipline processes.
5. College collaboration with stakeholders.
6. Maintain government confidence in effectiveness of professionally led medical regulation.