GOVERNANCE POLICY: EL-9 Communication and Support to the Council
| POLICY TYPE:
| DATE APPROVED:
||April 16, 2010
The Registrar shall not permit the Council to be uninformed or unsupported in its work. Accordingly, the Registrar shall not:
1. Let the Council be unaware of relevant trends, relevant potential public policy changes, anticipated adverse media coverage, significant external and internal changes, lawsuits against the organization, or changes in the assumptions upon which any Council policy has previously been established.
2. Fail to communicate with the Chairperson in a regular and timely fashion to foster awareness of College activities and challenges.
3. Fail to submit the required monitoring data in a timely, accurate and understandable fashion, directly addressing provisions of the Council policies being monitored.
4. Fail to advise the Council if, in the Registrar’s opinion, the Council is not in compliance with its own policies on Governance Process and Council-Registrar Relationship, particularly in the case of Council behavior which is detrimental to the work relationship between the Council and the Registrar.
5. Fail to co-ordinate as many staff and external points of view, issues and options as needed for fully informed Council choices.
6. Present information in unnecessarily complex or lengthy form.
7. Fail to provide a timely, secure mechanism for official Council, officer or committee communications.
8. Fail to deal with the Council as a whole except (a) for fulfilling individual requests for information or (b) for responding to officers or committees duly charged by the Council.
9. Fail to provide reasonable administrative support for Council activities.
10. Fail to report actual or anticipated non-compliance with any policy of the Council.