GOVERNANCE POLICY: GP-4 Council Linkage with Ownership
| POLICY TYPE:
| DATE APPROVED:
||April 16, 2010
The “moral ownership” of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan consists of all persons who are under the care of a physician or may come under the care of a physician in the Province of Saskatchewan. On behalf of the members of the College the Council shall be accountable to govern the College in the best interests of the moral ownership.
1. The Council shall be accountable for the College to this ownership as a whole.
2. When making governance decisions, Councilors shall maintain a distinction between their personal and professional interests and their obligation to speak on behalf of the moral ownership. Councilors are obligated to inform themselves regarding the values and expectations of the moral ownership.
3. The Council shall gather data and interact with the public in a way that reflects the diversity of the moral ownership. Public input may be accomplished through a variety of methods, including, but not limited to, community meetings, surveys, focus groups, and public presentations to Council.
4. The Councilors’ dealings with the media regarding Council business shall be directed through the Chairperson, the Registrar, or their designate.
5. Council shall act as an advocate for the membership only when it is consistent with the public interest.