Moonlighting on an Educational Licence
An endorsement on the educational licence to moonlight may be issued for the following periods:
- May 1 - October 31
- November 1 - April 30
Residents planning to provide moonlighting coverage during the academic year must obtain permission from the Program Director.
Interested applicants must complete and submit the following documents to CPSS Registration Staff:
College of Medicine Moonlighting Application Form
- this form must be signed by the Program Director and the Associate Dean Postgraduate Medical Education
CPSS Moonlighting Endorsement for Intern/Resident Licence
- to be signed by the Program Director
- provided by the College of Medicine
Required Competencies Checklist
- signed by the Program Director
Moonlighting Practice Plan
- signed by the moonlighting supervisor
- shared in physiciansapply.ca
Once the above requirements/documents are assembled and approved by the CPSS, the resident will receive a request for the following :
CPSS notarized educational endorsement application form
Fees for the endorsement
The resident will be required to provide a copy of their CMPA coverage to the CPSS within 30 days of licensure.
A notarized copy of your valid driver’s licence or passport
YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Once your application is complete, please allow sufficient time for processing by Registration Services.
- Registration Services is unable to guarantee issuance of a licence by a particular date.
- Residents can only begin moonlighting once they have received confirmation of licence registration by email from the CPSS.