COVID-19 (Coronavirus) - Information for Health Care Providers
The College of Physicians and Surgeons is a regulatory body, with responsibility to regulate the medical profession. The CPSS has ongoing discussions with the Government of Saskatchewan, the Saskatchewan Health Authority, and other organizations which are involved in the delivery of healthcare in Saskatchewan. The CPSS is a stakeholder in such discussions and offers its expertise and perspectives to assist in healthcare delivery, particularly in relation to COVID-19.
The CPSS is also committed to acting as a trusted resource for members of the public and physicians related to COVID-19. The primary source of information from the CPSS is the CPSS website.
For the most up to date information on COVID-19, see the Ministry of Health and Saskatchewan Health Authority websites.
A list of the Daily Practice Alerts, a collaborative communication effort by various Saskatchewan authorities in health care, is available on the Saskatchewan Medical Association Website.
- Letters from the Registrar's Office (full list) (Last update: May 27, 2020)
- CPSS Expectations of Physicians (Last update: May 8, 2020)
- Clinical Resources (IPAC, Testing, Patient Management, Treatment) (Last update: May 27, 2020)
- CME - Maintenance of Certification (changes) and COVID Educational Opportunities (Last update: May 27, 2020)
- Complaints Process - Changes during COVID (Last update: Apr 21, 2020)
- Emergency Licensure (Last update: Apr 22, 2020)
- Emergency Scope of Practice Changes (Last update: Apr 22, 2020)
- FAQ Document for Clinics and Physicians (CPSS/SMA) (Last update: Apr 28, 2020)
- PIP Access for e-Prescriptions During COVID-19 (Last update: Apr 16, 2020)
- Physician Health and Wellness // CoM Caregiver Assistance Program (Last update: May 6, 2020)
- Prescribing - Changes during COVID (Last update: May 8, 2020)
- Prescribing - PRP/OATP (Last update: May 8, 2020)
- Re-opening Saskatchewan - What does this mean for your practice? (Last update: May 27, 2020)
- Sick Notes (Last update: Apr 3, 2020)
- Virtual Care (Last update: May 13, 2020)