Last Update: July 6, 2020
Changes to Maintenance of Certification Requirements
Some changes have been made to the Maintenance of Certification requirements during COVID. For details, see:
Maintenance of Certification during
the COVID-19 Pandemic - Changes to Requirements (CPSS)
Online Educational Opportunities*
UofS CME Webinars
View the following CME COVID-19: Ask the experts webinars on topics including healthcare provider wellness, and infectious disease and personal protective equipment.
- Ask the Experts: Family Medicine
- COVID-19, gender-based violence and health equity: Responding to the needs of individuals experiencing intimate violence in the context of a pandemic
- Workplace health during COVID-19: Developing psychological flexibility, communication and self-compassion through stress and anxiety
- COVID-19 research at VIDO-Intervac
- COVID-19 re: Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM)
Visit the College of Medicine online calendar for more details on upcoming events.
CFPC COVID-19 WEBINAR SERIES
NEW - FMF Live On-demand Virtual EDucation (FMF-LOVED) featuring 17 CME topics (Limited time offer of 50% off CME sessions)
Other CFPC CME opportunities:
(If you missed the live-stream webinars below, you can access recordings online. Recorded live-stream webinars are eligible for non-certified credits in the Self-Learning category. Mainpro+ participants may also earn certified credits by completing a Linking Learning Exercise.)
- May 21, 2020, 12 pm: The COVID-19 Pivot: Approaches to the global pandemic from an international perspective (Facebook or YouTube)
Online Self-Directed Learning:
Choosing Wisely; Clinical Imaging Case Studies; Pain & Therapeutics
(U of S CME)
- May 28, 2020, 12 p.m.: Caring for vulnerable populations during the pandemic (English only) (CFPC website) (Facebook or YouTube)
- June 4, 2020, 12 p.m.: Primary care practice recovery after the pandemic (English only)
- June 11, 2020, 12 p.m.: Highlights of 2019: Review of recent publications and new medications (French Only)
FREE - COVID-19 Healthcare Cybersecurity
eLearning (Saegis, 2 short online modules)
Leading the Way - COVID-19 Episodes (Canadian
Society of Physician Leaders)
Multicultural Palliative Care: Quality palliative care helps you honour your culture, spirituality and traditions. At LivingMyCulture.ca, people from various cultures share their stories and wisdom about living with serious illness, end of life and grief to support others.
CHOOSING WISELY: Weekly gatherings During COVID-19
Choosing Wisely in Virtual Care as We Emerge from the VOCID-19 Pandemic with Dr. Sacha Bhatia (July 8, 2020, 12-1 pm ET)
Rural COVID-19 Rounds: Indigenous Health and Cultural Safety in a Pandemic (UBC CPD (Continuing Professional Development (Webinar recording)
Dr Carrie Bourassa (Professor, Community Health and Epidemiology, USASK) presents a blog on the Morning Star Lodge website ( indigenous community-based research lab) containing webinars and has other COVID19 resources that are culturally safe for Indigenous communities and allies. The Protecting Our Home Fires Weekly Update contains very useful and insightful information.
*See also the CPSS CME webpage for regular CPD opportunities.