Moonlighting on an Educational Licence
Last Update: April 2021
An endorsement on the educational licence to moonlight may be issued for the following periods:
- May 1 - October 31
- November 1 - April 30
Residents who plan to provide moonlighting coverage during the academic year must obtain permission from the Program Director at the Post-graduate Medical Education (PGME) Office. To request application forms and instructions, contact Yvonne Siermacheski, PGME Electives & Administrative Processes, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact CPSS Registration Staff at email@example.com to request application forms and instructions. Interested applicants will need to complete and submit the following documents:
College of Medicine Moonlighting Application Form
- this form must be signed by the Program Director and the Associate Dean Postgraduate Medical Education
CPSS Moonlighting Endorsement for Intern/Resident Licence
- to be signed by the Program Director
- provided by the College of Medicine
Required Competencies Checklist
- signed by the Program Director
Moonlighting Practice Plan
- signed by the moonlighting supervisor
- shared in physiciansapply.ca
Once the above requirements/documents are assembled and approved by the CPSS, the resident will receive a request for the following :
CPSS notarized educational endorsement application form
Fees for the endorsement
The resident will be required to provide a copy of their CMPA coverage to the CPSS within 30 days of licensure.
A notarized copy of your valid driver’s licence or passport
YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Once your application is complete, please allow sufficient time for processing by Registration Services.
- Registration Services is unable to guarantee issuance of a licence by a particular date.
- Residents can only begin moonlighting once they have received confirmation of licence registration by email from the CPSS.